Monday, January 16, 2012

My Pitch for The Dark King's Lover

UPDATE: I found out this morning that one of the editors requested my manuscript.  Yay, for me!!!!  


Check out all of the winners here.


Hey, in case you missed it (I mean, I think I tweeted about it every day for a week) Jami Gold is hosting a pitch session over at her blog with Entangled Publishing.  One more hour to go.


I thought I'd show you guys my for the  pitch in case you were interested:



Title:  The Dark King’s Lover
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Word Count:  14,500 words


Two-Sentence Pitch:


Immortal witch, Darby Cross, knows better than to trust a faerie, especially the Dark King himself, but she accepts his bargain knowing full well he may take her life.  When Black Duff finally gets three days with Darby after years of seducing her in her dreams, he realizes three days might not be enough.


First 100 Words:


Even in her dreams, he hunted her.

Darby Cross couldn’t remember the last time she had slept, really slept, without him crawling inside of her mind and lying down beside her.  A month.  Maybe two.  She couldn’t even remember what day it was.  Was it August or September?  It must be September she thought as she started to drift with the lull of the Greyhound bus.  Apples.  She had seen signs for pick your own apples in the last town they stopped.  She was sure of it.  As sure as she was of anything since the night Black Duff murdered her sister.


So what do you guys think?



No comments:

Post a Comment