Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for the Red Haired Man #AtoZChallenge





I picture something like this, but less GQ and more rustic.




Origin: Ireland

Description:  Red headed.  I picture him handsome with an even white smile and a spark of mischief in his eyes.

Disposition:  The Red Haired Man lives in faerie and for some reason, likes mortals.  He shows up in all kinds of stories.  He tries to prevent people from eating faerie food.  He prevents human kidnappings by faeries.  He can smuggle you out of faerie.  He can even break a spell or two.  He’s a good guy to have around.

I have a character in one of my WIPs who is based on The Red Haired Man.  His name is Grady.

6 comments:

  1. Well now...I'd follow him anywhere. It's a good thing he's helpful and not a dangerous faerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I was having a hard time visualizing one of my characters. I was watching Body of Proof and the main characters former Land Scape Designer showed up. Low and behold, I had a perfectly clear picture of Grady in my head. He was cute, had an accdent and worked with his hands.

      Delete
  2. Oh my. Me likey. I think you need to create a pinterest page all about Red Haired Men. I need more pictures!! :) And yeah, I'm glad he's one of the good guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do a pinterest page, but I'm afraid if I start using pinterest all of the time, I won't be able to stop.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Laura...I'd follow him anywhere! Hey Ophelia's got a good point too...more pics would be oh so helpful. ;)

    ReplyDelete